BHC Training offers a “live synchronous remote classroom” for meeting the face-to-face training mandates of the Texas health and Human Service Commission. We have four classes that are currently available, this includes 8-hour Preventing Abuse Neglect and Exploitation, 2-hour Preventing Abuse Neglect and Exploitation, 4-hour Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and 2-hour Nonviolent Crisis Intervention.
What is synchronous learning?
Synchronous learning refers to a learning event in which a group of participants is engaged in learning at the same time. This type of learning occurs when there is in-person training or live webinars where the employees can participate at the same time and interact directly with the instructor/trainer.
When are classes scheduled?
Currently we are scheduling classes once per month on Fridays. As enrollment grows we will add more classes. Our class schedule will be maintained online. Currently class will be scheduled as follows:
- 8-hour Preventing Abuse Neglect and Exploitation- 1st Friday
- 2-hour Preventing Abuse Neglect and Exploitation- 2nd Friday
- 4-hour Nonviolent Crisis Intervention- 3rd Friday
- 2-hour Nonviolent Crisis Intervention- 4th Friday
Are there minimum enrollment requirements?
There is a minimum enrollment requirement for each scheduled class. If the minimum enrollment is not met, then the students will be notified and asked to move to another class time. The minimum enrollment for each class is 25 students.
What are the costs?
There is separate fee for these courses. Companies will be billed for completed course and late cancellation fees on their monthly invoices.
- 8-hour Preventing Abuse Neglect and Exploitation- $60 p/student
- 2-hour Preventing Abuse Neglect and Exploitation- $30 p/student
- 4-hour Nonviolent Crisis Intervention- 3rd Friday- $45 p/student
- 2-hour Nonviolent Crisis Intervention- 4th Friday- $30 p/student
How do I schedule a training?
- All students now have a program in their training menu title “LIVE INTERACTIVE WEBINAR.” The courses are nested in this
- To register a student for one of the webinars, go to the student
- Select “REGISTER FOR COURSES”
- Select “LIVE INTERACTIVE WEBINAR”
- Select the course you which to register-click on the green register button. This will open a menu with your available class dates and options.
How do I pay?
- We will bill for completed webinars along with your regular monthly bill. You will now have three line items: the monthly maintenance fee, the annual enrollment/renewal fee, and the live webinar
- When you register the student, you will see in the registration that the fee reads as $0.00, if we put a fee there it will require payment at the time of registration. We know that many time people will register and then not be able to attend and we do not want you to pay for something you did not